Getting admission in the Engineering College is the dream of many students. It requires a lot of hard work and dedication. And once you qualify the entrance test and are now going to take the admission, it requires all more thought and research. Though there are best engineering colleges in Kolkata but finding the one best suited for you require consideration. Given are the few key points that are required to choose the engineering college.
1. Selecting The Stream: Once you decide on the engineering course, it is important to be clear about the stream you want to pursue. And there are always the chances that you might not get the stream of your choice so always keep the second option open. Some of the popular streams are Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Computes, Automobile and many more.
2. Make The List Of The Colleges: There are several best engineering colleges in Kolkata; it is suggested to students to make the list of the colleges that offer the course of your choice. One can also categorize the institute in the order of high priority, medium priority and those in which one is sure of getting the admission. With this list in your hand, one will have the complete clarity in mind about the course and college they going to get in. Everyone wants to get admission in top college, however, sometimes the seat might get full.
3. Know the College: Before you decide to take admission in the College, it is always better to read more about the college online. One can collect the information regarding the campus, library, labs, sports facilities, various kinds of clubs run by the institute. And most important among these is the credentials of the faculties present. Top colleges in Kolkata have some of the best lecturers who have years of experience and are capable of handling and clearing the doubts of the students with ease. It won’t be wrong to say that in the end, it is the academics that matter. Some of the prominent colleges of the are University of Engineering and Management, Institute of Engineering and Management, Future Institute of Engineering and Management and many more.
4. Get in Good College: It has been seen that the faculty in the course you are interested in are not that good and you have taken the admission in the course without proper research, this might cost you in the long run. Many students go after the brand and ultimately regret at the later stage as the faculty available is not that experienced and skilled. It is always suggested to visit the website to know all the information required.
5. Having Adequate Score: In certain instance, it is required to have minimum qualification marks to be able to take admission. Some of the institutes take their entrance test as well with individual criteria; make sure you fulfill all the criteria before you seek admission. Find out all the details about the eligibility criteria by visiting the website.
6. Cost: And finally, pursuing the 4 years Bachelor in Engineering is going to cost you as well. Hence, it becomes vital to compare the tuition fees incurred for the completion of the course.