Food is a very important necessity for us. Without it, we can never survive. Everywhere you go, you will see different types of food. Each country has its unique specialties that make them known to other nations. Food is always present during special occasions and parties; for instance, a backyard barbeque party.
A barbeque party is a great way to invite some friends and family over to your house to have fun. It is usually held during the summer season. You can host this kind of party for special occasions like birthdays, anniversaries, or other special celebrations or maybe one day, you feel like partying. You most definitely can host a barbeque party even on an ordinary day, if you want to gather some nice people in your backyard.
If you have been hosting or attending barbeque parties, then you already have an idea of what it is supposed to be like, but if you haven’t done it yet and you want to try it for the first time, then here are some tips for you:
- Food: As mentioned, it is not a party without food. It is a crucial part of your barbeque party, and you must be fully prepared for it. You will be grilling some meats like chicken, steaks, burgers, shrimps, and hot dogs. For your food to be even more enjoyable, you need to make sure that your spices and seasonings are on point. You can find rubs and seasonings in any market, or you can also buy a BBQ rub online. It would help if you also had some chips and salsa for the snacks. Also, prepare some sides like coleslaw. For dessert, you can opt for a more tropical and fruitier theme.
- Here’s how to use a BBQ rub like a pro!
First, let us further define what a BBQ rub is. It consists of mixed herbs and spices that are applied to the outer coating of the meat. There are two types of BBQ rub: wet and dry. If you want a perfectly crunchy crust, go for the dry rub. By definition, wet rubs are moist, and they are usually like a paste.
For your flavours to even stand out, make sure that you give them enough time to rest on the meat before cooking it. The longer you soak the meat with rubs, the better!
Once you’ve coated all of your meats and you still have excess rubs, make sure to store them in a tight lid container. Dry rubs can usually last up to 6 months while wet rubs last up to a few weeks only. Keep them refrigerated as well. Always choose the best herbs and spices and ensure that they are fresh and well-packaged.
- Theme: If you want to make your BBQ party extra fun, then a party theme is a must-have. Think outside the box and be creative. Some examples of BBQ themes are All-American, Surf & Turf, Backyard Burger, or Beach Barbeque.
- Invitations: It wouldn’t be a party without people as well. Of course, you have to make some invitations to your friends and relatives. You can invite as few people as you wish if you want a simple and intimate gathering or you can go all out if you feel like partying with a bigger bunch of people. Design your invitation according to your theme and make sure to put important details such as the date and location.
- Decorations: Make your party more enjoyable with a few decorations. Ask for some help from your family or friends to decorate and prepare the venue for your party. Keep them simple and refreshing to look at. Make sure that your decorations are also located in your theme.
- Others: Other important factors to consider are the date and time. You should set time and date when people are not too busy. You must also consider the location. Make sure that you have enough space to host a few or a large number of people. Also, prepare all of the needed kitchen equipment and utensils beforehand. You must have a nice grill set because it would be the most critical appliance at your BBQ party. Organize a few party games as well to keep your guests from being bored.
If you have taken notes of all of the things mentioned above, rest assured your next BBQ party will rock! Since food is the star of your event, remember that your flavours should be on point. Grab a high-quality BBQ rub online or in any store near you for those flavours to stand out, and your guests will surely love everything about your party, especially the food! Looking to buy meat from an online butcher Melbourne?
Author Bio: Ester Adams is a copywriter and content strategist. She helps businesses stop
playing around with content marketing and start seeing the tangible ROI. She loves writing as
much as she loves the cake.