Overview of the SHSAT Maths Section
Many expert SHSAT tutoring institutes in NYC have mentioned that the math section of the SHSAT can be one of the most challenging sections for students and in order to ace this section, it is important to understand the types of questions that will be asked and to practice as much as possible.
There are three main types of questions on the math section of the SHSAT: multiple choice, short answer, and extended response. Multiple choice questions will require students to select the correct answer from a list of choices. Short answer questions will require students to write a brief response to a question. Extended response questions will require students to solve a problem and write a detailed solution.
To succeed on the math section of the SHSAT, students should focus on practicing each type of question. There are many resources available online and in print that can provide practice problems. In addition, there are tutors and test prep courses available that can help students master the material. With hard work and practice, any student can ace the math section of the SHSAT!
Preparing for the Test: Tips and Tricks
The Maths section of the SHSAT can be a daunting prospect for many students. However, with some careful preparation and attention to detail, it is possible to ace this section of the exam. Here are some tips and tricks to help you prepare for the Maths section of the SHSAT:
1. Review basic maths concepts. Before tackling the more difficult questions on the SHSAT, make sure you brush up on your basic maths skills. This will ensure that you have a strong foundation on which to build when attempting the more challenging questions.
2. Pay attention to detail. Carefully read each question and make sure you understand what is being asked before attempting to answer it. If you are unsure of anything, ask your teacher or tutor for clarification.
3. Practice, practice, practice! The best way to prepare for the Maths section of the SHSAT is to practice as much as possible. There are a number of excellent practise exams available online, so make use of them!
4. Time yourself. When practising for the SHSAT, make sure you time yourself so that you can get used to working under pressure. This will be invaluable come exam day!
5. Stay calm and confident on exam day. Once you have put in the hard work in preparing for the Maths section of the SHSAT, it is important to stay calm and confident on exam day itself. Believe in yourself and your abilities
Best resource to prepare for the SHSAT Math Section
Kitab is one of the most sought after tutoring company in NYC. They offer SHSAT and SAT classes online, which includes a holistic preparation and focuses on concept building through application, based teaching methodologies. More than 85% of the Kitablearning.com students get admissions in the top schools of New York every year. They are committed to provide best of coaching at affordable cost.
Vivek is a published author of Meidilight and a cofounder of Zestful Outreach Agency. He is passionate about helping webmaster to rank their keywords through good-quality website backlinks. In his spare time, he loves to swim and cycle. You can find him on Twitter and Linkedin.