Most visitors to the Dominican Republic, not just Punta Cana, end up on the beaches of Actividades en Punta Cana, Punta Cana, Cabeza de Toro, Bávaro, El Cortecito, Arena Gorda, Macao, and Uvero Alto. The beach is definitely the number one attraction in the East Coast area, stretching 50 kilometers of beautiful white sands. But visitors to Punta Cana also have a host of excursions to choose from, with many tour companies offering similar packages: buggy rides, jeep safaris, monster trucks, or helicopter rides for an insider’s view, zip line adventure services. , horseback riding, motocross / enduro. Horseback riding, mountain biking, scuba diving, catamaran party boats, fishing yachts, snorkeling trips, speedboats and many more.
A dozen companies offer these adventure tours that take tourists to observe tropical nature, visit a rural house where a typical Dominican lunch will be served, examine tropical crops, take a dip on a deserted beach or swim in a cool river.
Clients who travel on a package tour with one company tend to book excursions with the same company or through their resort’s affiliated company.
In Punta Cana, most of the activities can be booked directly on the hotel’s tourdesk with the different tour representatives. Tours like “Bavaro Splash / speedboats”, for example, are available at all tour counters and at all sales sites; the rates must be the same, at least as long as the product is the same / original. Some activities like Punta Cana Mike’s Dominican Adventure Tours or Sports Fishing from Cap Cana Marina, otherwise cannot be booked at the resorts as they can only be booked with the Tour organizers directly online and in advance.
It is important to make it clear that a Tour Operator or a DMC (Destination Management Company) in most cases (there are some exceptions) will not execute the tour itself, it will only book it with the provider that performs the specific tour and is This is why the many different tour operators have almost all the same tours on their program.
In my opinion, for activities like extreme buggies, sport fishing, many safaris, many catamaran excursions, you don’t need to use a middlesman / tourcompany unless you want to go with large groups. As long as a specific tour is offered by an owner-managed website / touroutfitter, I would recommend booking online and in advance, as the owners themselves of course are the ones who offer the best services and rates in their direct bookings, without intermediaries. / seller involved ..
For those interested in learning about the history and culture of the Dominican Republic, there are different types of excursions, either half or full day, offered by Bávaro Runners:
– Caribbean VIP Safari will take you to a school and learn about the Dominican educational program, a field and sugar cane factory, a typical rural house where you will taste delicious tropical fruits, roasted coffee and cocoa and see how they live. You will visit the largest and most important cathedral in the country, the Basilica of La Altagracia. You will take a trip down the Chavón River and taste typical Dominican food and visit the largest sugar cane plantation in the country or the largest handmade cigar factory in the world.
– You can enjoy the Zip-Line Adventure, 16 platforms and 12 Zip Lines that will take you to explore the secrets of the Taínos in the Anamuyamountain. It will “fly” from one platform to another securely attached and swing through the air enjoying a perfect view of the mountain.
– Bávaro Runners offers you a full day all inclusive guided mountain adventure where you will interact with local people and see how they live. You’ll visit a sugarcane field and factory, one of the sponsored schools, and enjoy a 30-minute horseback ride through colorful villages. You can ride a wave on Macau beach or just relax with a good drink.
If you are interested in enjoying the flora and fauna of the country as well as a beautiful landscape with spectacular views, Punta Cana Excursions has perfect options:
– Indigenous Eyes Ecological Reserve where you will find tropical plants and animals in their natural environment
– Manatí Park, an animal theme park in a tropical jungle setting with many different animals such as iguanas, toucans and monkeys, and shows for all to see and enjoy. Here you will also have the opportunity to swim with dolphins.
In case you are looking for high quality personalized services or VIP special offers, these are the most recognized DMC (Destination Management Companies) providing guided tours in Bavaro – Punta Cana.