When you have back pain, it can be difficult to know what is causing it. Many conditions can cause pain in the lower back, and more than one condition is often present simultaneously. Huntington back pain can also vary in intensity, from a dull ache to sharp pain.
Several different conditions can lead to back pain, and some of the most common include:
- Muscle strains: Muscle strains happen when the muscles in your back are stretched or torn. This can happen after lifting a heavy object, sudden movement, or overuse.
- Degenerative disc disease: Degenerative disc disease is when the discs between your vertebrae begin to degenerate or break down. This can occur due to age, injury, or repetitive motion.
- Herniated disc: A herniated disc occurs when the gel-like center of a disc breaks through its outer casing and leaks out. This can exert pressure on the nerves surrounding the disc, making you feel pain.
- Spinal stenosis is a condition that causes the spinal canal to narrow, putting pressure on the spinal cord. This can occur due to aging, injury, or other conditions.
- Scoliosis is a condition in which the spine curves to the side. It can occur due to genetic factors, developmental abnormalities, or muscular imbalances.
- Osteoarthritis: It is a condition that occurs when the cartilage between the joints breaks down, causing pain and stiffness.
These are some of the treatment options include:
Did you know that in some cases, surgery may be the best option for treating back pain? If your pain is caused by a herniated disc, degenerative disc disease, or spinal stenosis, surgery may be recommended to decompress the nerves or discs causing your pain.
The procedure is usually performed as an outpatient procedure, which means you can go home the same day. In some cases, a hospital stay may be required.
Physical therapy is often recommended for treating back pain. A physical therapist can teach you exercises and stretches to help relieve your pain and strengthen the muscles in your back. They can also provide you with modalities such as heat or ice to help reduce inflammation.
Chiropractic care is a treatment option focusing on the spine’s alignment. A chiropractor will use manual adjustments to realign the vertebrae in your spine. This can help to relieve pressure on the nerves and discs and reduce pain; all you need to know about common causes of back pain and its treatment.
Massage therapy can be beneficial for treating back pain. Massage can help to relax the muscles in your back and reduce inflammation. It can also increase blood flow to the area, speeding up the healing process.
It is a traditional Chinese medicine technique in which thin needles are inserted into the skin at specific points on the body. It is thought to relieve pain by stimulating the release of endorphins, the body’s natural painkillers.
If you are suffering from back pain, some treatment options are available. Talk to your doctor at Pain Management 360 about what might be the best for you.