While many gun owners will only really know CVA as a manufacturer of muzzleloaders, the company is certainly a force to be reckoned with when it comes to rifles – as can be seen in the CVA Cascade 350 legend.
Cascade’s new bolt-action setup is a great example of the company’s ambitions to move into this sphere.
The truth is that CVA have pulled out all the stops with the Cascade 350, furnishing it with everything you’d want in a hunting rifle. So, let’s dig a little deeper into what makes this popular weapons so….well, popular!
The CVA Cascade 350 Has So Many Great Features
The 350 is not too heavy in terms of price, coming in at a little under $600, but that’s not to say that it’s not loaded with lots of user-friendly features. Let’s have a look at some of them, shall we?
- Drilled & Tapped Receiver – as any experienced hunter will attest to, the receiver is an important part of the setup, and it really helps if its compatible with other manufacturers. This gun offers a drilled and tapped receiver that features 110 mounts – something that allows you use a bipod and a sling at the same time.
- A 6.5mm Threaded Barrel – equipped to take a silencer right out of the box, the 350’s high-quality 6.5mm Creedmoor-chamered barrel features a knurled thread protector. It sits at the end of a 22 inch Bergara barrel and weighs in a just 6 lbs.
- A 3-Lug Bolt – while the three-lug bolt you find on the CVA Cascade 350 is most commonly associated with bolt-action weapons you might describe as ‘entry level’, it’s a design that very much lends itself to hitting what you’re aiming at. Another benefit is the fact that it allows for better scope clearance.
- Recoil Pad – the rifle’s stock offers a comfortable rubberized feel in the hand – something that aids grip, even when using it in wet conditions. It also features a one-inch spacer between the buttstock and the recoil pad contributing to allow the user to enjoy consistent, repeatable accuracy in their shots.
- 2-position safety – adding to the great user experience you get with this rifle is a two-position safety that allows the bolt to be cycled while it’s still in the safe position. This greatly aids safe loading and unloading without the requirement to fire the trigger at the end.
The CVA Cascade 350 – A Mid-range Option With High End Features
The fact that this beauty is available for under $600 is a mystery to us, as this is a great gun that belies its affordable pricepoint. You might think that by spending a little less that you’ll have to compromise on the quality, but the Cascade 350 clearly demonstrates that a low cost isn’t always indicative of a low-quality option.
The same applies with expensive rifles, as paying a lot is no guarantee that you’re going to get value for money. We prefer to let the gun do the talking, which is why we’d always recommend trying a gun out before you buy it. That way, you can truly feel what it would be like to own.
This is a feature-packed rifle that not only looks great, but feels great when fired. Before you go and spend money on a more expensive rifle, we’d recommend that you give it a look.
Vivek is a published author of Meidilight and a cofounder of Zestful Outreach Agency. He is passionate about helping webmaster to rank their keywords through good-quality website backlinks. In his spare time, he loves to swim and cycle. You can find him on Twitter and Linkedin.