Before you contact one of the top zippers suppliers – zippershipper.com and place the order for zippers, you need to have a clear idea about the different types of zippers that are available for purchase. Below mentioned is a quick overview of those different zippers.
- Coil zippers – This can be considered as one of the most popular types of zippers among people who live out there in the world. They are also known as nylon coil zippers. However, most of the coil zippers that are available for you to purchase from the market are made out of polyester. The excellent heat resistant properties of these zippers have contributed a lot towards their popularity. In addition, these zippers are light and they don’t rust along with time.
- Separating zippers – The separating zippers are also known as open ended zippers. They can be found in jackets and sweatshirts. It is possible for you to take apart these zippers completely. In addition, you will also be able to find a pin and box mechanism in the separating zippers.
- Invisible zippers – The invisible zippers are extremely common in dresses and skirts. If you take a look at invisible zippers, you will be able to find a coil in the backside. This coil is responsible for hiding it from the front of the cloth. You will be able to find coil zippers that come along with a teardrop pull as well.
- Plastic molded zippers – The plastic zippers can be found in personal accessories such as handbags and backpacks. The teeth of these zippers are made out of plastic. These are one of the most affordable types of zippers that are available for the people who live out there in the world.
- Metal zippers – Metal zippers are pretty much similar to plastic zippers. However, the teeth of metal zippers are made out of metal. These zippers can commonly be found on jeans. If you take a look at metal zippers, you will be able to see two different lines of metal teeth. Usually, metals such as aluminum, brass and nickel are being used in order to manufacture the metal zippers. These metals are molded at regular intervals on both sides. The durability associated with metal zippers are relatively high.