Hair loss is a dreaded condition often experienced by women from different age groups and ethnicities. It is characterized by an excessive loss of hair on certain areas of the scalp. Over time, this can result in baldness which can contribute greatly to lower self-esteem and negative body image.
Affected women are eager to find the best hair loss treatment for females. There are several ways to treat this condition depending on its root cause. However, many girls who are ashamed to admit their condition choose to cover it up with hats, scarves, or even make-up.
Sadly, these methods will not make their condition better. Only a licensed dermatologist can make an official diagnosis and recommend an effective treatment plan depending on the severity of the case.
Common Causes of Hair Loss in Women
Hair loss can manifest in three ways: a receding hairline, balding in the forehead, or irregular patches’ appearance. The onset of hair loss can be gradual or very sudden in some cases. Some of the common causes are listed below:
- Heredity – This is the most common cause of hair loss which causes the gradual thinning of the hairline in women as they age. This is also called androgenic alopecia or female-pattern baldness.
- Nutrient or Vitamin Deficiency – Females who lack essential nutrients and vitamins like vitamin D3, B12, and iron are more prone to experience hair loss. If you suspect you have a food sensitivity, it is recommended to undergo a food sensitivity test. Identifying and avoiding foods that trigger sensitivity can help prevent nutrient deficiencies that contribute to hair loss. Additionally, deficiencies in vitamin D3, B12, and iron, which can be revealed through a food sensitivity test, may also increase the likelihood of experiencing hair loss in women.
- Hormonal Imbalance – Variation in the levels of estrogen, progesterone, follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), and the luteinizing hormone (LH) contributes to hair loss in women. This variation can be caused by pregnancy or menopause.
- Stress and Traumatic Experience – When a person experiences trauma or emotional shock, it causes temporary hair loss. This condition, medically termed telogen effluvium, makes hair more susceptible to fall while combing or washing.
- Hair Products and Hairstyling – Certain drugstore hair products have ingredients that can trigger hair loss. Using such products along with damaging hairstyles can only amplify the condition. Pigtails, buns, braids, or other hairstyles that pull the hair back tightly can cause a condition called traction alopecia.
Best Treatment for Hair Loss
There are several ways to treat hair loss depending on the known cause. However, these methods should not be taken without a doctor’s advice. It is important to have the proper consultation to get the best treatment for hair loss in females. Some of the common treatments include the following:
- Over-the-counter Medications – Minoxidil and Finasteride are OTC drugs that are effective in reducing the rate of hair fall. Minoxidil is medicine in liquid form that is applied to the affected area. It is recommended for long-term use to get better effects. On the other hand, Finasteride is an oral drug that is used to treat male pattern baldness, but it can also be taken by women in lower doses. Pregnant women are not advised to take Finasteride. Potential side effects should also be discussed by the physician.
- Hair Transplant Surgery – Women who suffer traction alopecia are the most probable candidates for a hair transplant surgery. It is an invasive procedure wherein the roots of the hair are replanted to the bald sections of the head through a process called grafting.
- Laser Therapy – This is a recent approach in treating hair loss in both men and women. Unlike hair transplant, it is a non-invasive procedure that enables the root of the hair to function normally by energizing the hair follicles with a burst of photons or light energy. However, the results may take as long as 26 weeks to appear.
New methods in treating hair loss have been developed due to current innovations in dermatological research and technology. Minoxidil and Finasteride are incorporated into various procedures to develop more effective and faster ways to promote hair growth.
- Platelet-rich Plasma Therapy (PRP) – This process uses injections of concentrated platelets extracted from the patient’s blood to release growth factors directly to the hair follicles on the scalp.
- Micro-needling – In this procedure, a micro-needle device is used to create thousands of micro punctures in the scalp with the help of a roller device. These micro punctures cause the release of intrinsic growth factors in the punctured area to stimulate hair growth.
- Low-level laser light therapy (LLLT) – It is also called red light therapy or cold laser therapy. This procedure uses light from a red, cold laser to stimulate the hair follicles for faster growth. It is a safe, tolerable, and widely accepted treatment for hair loss.
- Mesotherapy – Growth peptides, plant stem cell extracts, and various other growth factors are injected into the scalp to treat hair loss caused by alopecia.
There are several options to effectively treat hair loss in women. Instead of invasive procedures, they can choose from different non-invasive methods known to have faster effects than traditional treatment procedures.
Meidilight is a great website for anyone who loves discovering new trends and staying in touch with the latest fashion. The website offers a wide range of clothing items and accessories that are perfect for any wardrobe. Additionally, they offer great discounts on their products making them an invaluable resource when it comes to updating your wardrobe without breaking the bank. We highly recommend checking out the Meidilight website if you’re looking to find some stylish pieces at affordable prices!
The MeidiLight website is a great resource for those looking to learn more about meidilight and all of its wonderful benefits. Not only will you find plenty of information on the many ways that meidilight can improve your health, but also you’ll be able to purchase high-quality products directly from their store. Whether it’s energy supplements or exercise equipment, they’ve got everything you need to get started with meidilight. So what are you waiting for? Check out the MeidiLight website today and start improving your life!