Traveling to an exotic location like India sounds like an absolute dream. However, this dream comes with a price tag, and most of us are too broke to pay the price without putting a huge dent on our bank accounts. But, what if we told you that booking cheap tickets to India and traveling without going completely broke is now an option. Wouldn’t that just make your day?
Traveling on a budget is very doable if you keep certain things in mind. Doing your research, making reservations on time, and paying attention to other small details can save you a fortune. So, we have put together a list of hacks that you can keep in mind when you start booking for your next big Indian adventure.
- Plan Plan Plan: Going on a trip on a whim sounds like a super fun idea but it’s not exactly the most affordable choice for most people. When you have limited funds but traveling is your passion, you have to come up with ways to save those big bucks. A good and rather convenient way to do it is by mapping out your whole trip. Now, this doesn’t mean that you have to come up with a strict plan, but having a rough idea about how long and where you’ll be staying in each city and what activities you’d like to do is always helpful. Planning your trip means that you don’t leave things to chance and take control.
- Avoid Peak-Time: The most fundamental rule when it comes to travel is to avoid traveling during peak time. This is a good idea for various reasons apart from budgeting. Avoiding peak time travel means that you will be avoiding all the crowd and will be able to enjoy the beauty of India in relative comfort. Additionally, it also means that you will be able to save money when it comes to flight and hotel bookings. Choosing the right time will require some research on your part, but the effort will be worth it in the end.
- Pick The Right Accommodation: Staying at expensive hotels and luxurious suites sound like a great idea, but your finances will take a hit when you do that. When traveling, it’s better to stay in at cheaper hotels or shared hostels to save some extra bucks. Staying in hostels is also recommended as it is a great opportunity for you to connect with like-minded people who love travel. You might even be able to make some great friends this way. But if you prefer something more private, checking on Airbnb is also a great option that can help you bag some super affordable accommodation deals.
- Book Flights On Time: This is something of a no brainer, and yet most of us always make the mistake of not booking tickets in advance. When making reservations for air tickets to India, doing price comparisons and booking in advance will always help you make the biggest saving. Booking flights in advance will also allow you to reserve a seat of your choice on the flight. Getting round trip tickets is also a good idea as they generally cost much less than one-way tickets. Once you do this, your savings will surely skyrocket.
- Choose Flights Carefully: Choosing your flights carefully basically means that you need to do good research on the airlines and the price range they offer. A lot of the time people prefer to fly with major airlines, completely overlooking some really good budget carriers with cheaper options. Doing some research on the airline and the route is always a great idea. If you’re too lazy to do this research by yourself then you can simply get the assistance of expert travel agents at MyTicketsToIndia, and they will help you sort everything out.
- Spend Mindfully On Food: Coming to India is nothing short of a great culinary journey. Given the choices and amazing restaurants, it is quite easy to eat away all your money. So, it is important that you think carefully about where you eat and try to find places with cheaper options. A lot of the time, going to places that the locals frequent can be a good idea, as you can get some really good food at a great price. So, go look for those dhabas and take your taste buds on a culinary drive.
- Use Public Transport: A major perk about traveling to India is that English is a commonly used language. Booking your air tickets to India will not leave you stranded in a place with a huge language barrier. So, getting around using the local transport system will not be a very big problem for most people. Traveling in public transport is a cheap and convenient way of getting around. This will also allow you to discover some hidden places that you may otherwise miss out on.
Keeping these hacks in mind, you can make sure that your next trip is well within your budget. So, pack your back for the adventure and have the time of your life.