The United States of America (USA) attracts the highest number of international students across the globe. Thus, some of the reasons to study in the USA for Indian students after class 12 are high-quality education, the latest curriculum, and the plethora of career opportunities offered by the universities/institutions.
But the next question that arises in the mind of the student is how to study in the USA. To guide the candidates in the right direction, we have shared complete details on how to get admission to US universities from India including the cost of studying in the USA for Indian students, and other details.
Why Study in the USA for International Students
Selection of a country for higher education is a dream for a few students and a long-term investment for others. In broader terms, the USA attracts a huge number of students from all over the world for higher education. Have a look at the points elaborated below to know why to study in usa for Indian students.
- Reputed Universities: The United States of America has some of the top-ranked universities for higher education across the globe. The enrolled students get a plethora of career opportunities after the completion of their respective courses.
- OPT Facility: USA offers numerous degrees that are STEM eligible allowing international students to stay back in the country for additional 24 months after completing their degrees to get work experience and practical training.
- Flexible Academic Environment: Studying abroad in the USA offers a good environment to international students, characterised by flexibility in the education system and ongoing development procedures for students in various domains. With this, undergraduate students are motivated to check various fields of study and pick a major as per their interest and choice upon the completion of the second year.
- Variety of Courses: The United States of America offers around 2 million programs through four and 2-year universities offering Bachelor’s and Master’s courses along with numerous other programs which include Certification, Doctoral, Vocational, Associate, and other courses.
List of Courses to Study in the USA
To begin with, the USA provides a wide variety of courses and programs in almost every field of study. However, there are a few programs marked favourite by almost every international student. Have a look at the list of major courses offered to study in USA for Indian Students.
- MS in Data Science
- MS in Data Analytics
- Master’s in Cybersecurity
- Master’s in Management
- Master’s in Business Analytics
- Master’s in Finance
- MS in Computer Science
- MS in Civil Engineering
- MS in Artificial Intelligence
- Master’s in Project Management
- Master’s in Information Systems
- MS in Engineering Management
- Master’s in Economics
- Master’s in Supply Chain Management
- Master’s in International Business
- Master’s in Mechanical Engineering
- B.Sc Computer Science
- Master’s in Digital Marketing
How to Study in the USA for International students?
In this blog, we have compiled detailed steps for aspirants who are willing to know how to get admission to USA universities from India or any other country. Check the steps shared below;
- Check the Available options
As there are highly reputed universities in the USA, it becomes crucial for you to conduct proper research work regarding all aspects. This will play a pivotal role in making the right decision. The list of factors includes expenses, rankings, expenses, popularity, program availability as per preference, acceptance rate, and requirements of admission to the respective university/institution.
- Plan your funds
The cost of studying in the USA for Indian students depends on the availability of the program, the type of university/institute (private or public), and the program level i.e Bachelor’s/Master’s/PhD. Furthermore, if you’re willing to pursue a bachelor’s from the USA, then the expense will range between 15,000 and 55,000 USD per year, whereas the application fee for a master’s program will be around 15,000 to 30,000 USD per year.
- Plan your application
The next step to studying in the USA for Indian students is to prepare the application beforehand as per the latest trends and important factors considered responsible for deciding the admission of the candidates to the institute.
- Find out standardised exams
All International students should produce proof of their English proficiency by appearing in the IELTS/TOEFL or a similar exam. Furthermore, they can also appear in tests like the GRE/GMAT, SAT/ACT, or similar exams based on the type of course, program level, etc.
- Apply for the USA visa process
A valid visa is mandatory to study in the USA for international students. After receiving an acceptance letter from your respective institution along with an I-20 form, the next step is to fill out the application form for a student visa and submit it to the nearby USA Embassy or via the consulate.
- Get ready for travel
After the approval of your visa, send confirmation to your university, pack your stuff, and get ready to travel to pursue your higher education in your dream destination.
Vivek is a published author of Meidilight and a cofounder of Zestful Outreach Agency. He is passionate about helping webmaster to rank their keywords through good-quality website backlinks. In his spare time, he loves to swim and cycle. You can find him on Twitter and Linkedin.