In today’s world, mobile has become a necessary part of daily life and most of the time is spent on some of the other mobile apps. As per a study, out of the total time spent on mobile, 90% of the time is spent on the apps and only 10% of the time is spent on browsers. This figure itself explains the trend of mobile applications.
Mobile Apps have a very important role in the e-commerce business and marketing programs. The Apps help to assess the customer’s buying behavior, taste, and preferences.
Now the challenge is in the selection of the platform for developing the app. The factors of making selection include the budget, time limitation, business goals, etc.
Native App Development:
Native mobile App refers to the application developed to run a particular platform, device, or any operating system. The native app is made of that programming language of which the OS is made up of. Example-Native apps of Android are written in Java language and native apps of iOS are written majorly in Swift.
-It has the advantage of getting integrated with the functionalities of hardware like native apps that uses the recorder and camera of the mobile.
-Native Apps are more secure to use since there are layers of security and in-built features of data protection and authentication process.
– React Native App Development Company India builds Native App which usually is time-consuming as well as expensive in comparison to another platform.
Some of the top-grossing Native apps to be named are WhatsApp, LastPass, Google Now Launcher, Twitter, Lyft, Facebook.
Hybrid App Development:
While developing the Hybrid application, the developers do not need to code in different languages for each platform. A universal code can be used to build an app on any platform be it Android, iOS, or Windows.
- The users of Hybrid App get the benefit of using an enhanced UX.
- Usually, when there is any update in the apps, it is first submitted in app stores which usually takes a week to get approved for the newly updated app. But in Hybrid, there is an advantage of zero delays for launching the updated app. The developers can bring in as many updates as they can.
- Using a single codebase for all types of the platform is the major benefit of the Hybrid app.
- Although, one of the biggest disadvantages of the Hybrid App is that they are unable to explore the platform to its full potential by utilizing its unique features and functionalities. One needs to add additional plugins & codes to the platform.
- As there is a high risk of unreliable authentication and data-stealing, thus Hybrid App is less secure.
- Some of the widely used applications on these platforms are Netflix, Evernote, and Instagram.
Comparison of Native App and Hybrid App:
Below mentioned are some crucial factors that can help one to determine which app would one like to proceed with:
1) The difference of Cost
-Developing hybrid applications is cheaper than developing native apps as it just requires single time coding. There is almost a 30% difference in cost among Hybrid and Native App.
-The react native offers high-end and advanced UI and UX designs, also it uses the hardware components of the device.
-Hybrid app does not have the constraint to be used on a single platform, thus, overall hybrid apps are cheaper.
2) Ease of development and required time frame.
-As hybrid apps can be developed and run for multiple platforms using a single codebase only thus, it takes lesser time as well as effort for the development.
-While in Native App, the developer must develop different codes for different platforms like Android, iOS, Windows, etc. which means it is more time-consuming as well as requiring more effort.
3) Maintenance of app post-deployment
-For maintaining the Native App, the developer needs to do a deep analysis of various details, accordingly, make the changes in all the versions, and then finally deploy it on the app store.
-But in the case of a Hybrid app, it is as simple as maintaining the website without any long procedure, hence, it can be done many times whenever required.
4) Distinct features
-If one talks about features then React Native is the best which provides better advantages and can easily be integrated with several components of the smart devices. These are easy to modify and keeps on including new features with time.
-While Hybrid Apps on the other hand uses the basic configuration of mobile. Hence, the clients who are looking for advanced apps can go with Hybrid Apps.
5) Ease of Scaling
-Scaling in Native App can be achieved only after integrating it with the API and enhanced features to get an outstanding result.
-But as Hybrid apps are built on the base of the cross-platform so they can be easily scaled on different devices.
The above points conclude that the developers can choose the app as per the unique need of the customer. Looking at the future and convenience, Hybrid apps are preferred in 90% cases despite some flaws. But if one is planning to hire React Native App Developer India then they should be ensured that it is scalable in the future.