Everybody has their own dream, passion, and choice for everything in life. But amongst all these things, a career is the most important decision which one needs to make very carefully in their lives. A few years back, the number of career options were very few. But, nowadays, students have numerous career options available to them. Engineering, M.B.B.S., Chartered Accountant, etc are some basic and common career options or degrees which students go for but there are a lot more options available to them. Bachelor of Design (B.Des.) is one the popular courses for the aspiring students.
What is Bachelor in Design (B.Des.)?
Bachelor of Design (B.Des.) is an undergraduate degree course that provides you the knowledge and skills for designing. This course is designed for those who are interested in designing make a career in this field. Those students who have a good imagination power, creative mind, and good taste in designing may opt for this course. The main focus of this course is to make students aware of the concepts, art, history and each and everything related to design. Visual, creative, technical and analytical skills of the learners are polished and improved during this program. B.Des. colleges in India also offer a specialization subject which students can choose for their degree course. Some of the specializations include Interior Design, Advertising, Fashion Design, Game Design, Audio-visual Media, Textile Design, Jewellery Design, etc.
To develop and polish your skills, you need to prepare yourself in so many ways. Here are 10 best ways which could make you better at B.Des. Colleges in India:
- Choose the designing specialization subject carefully because this decision will be responsible for your career. This decision completely depends on your creativity and choice of the designing sector.
- Challenge yourself and push your limits every minute by learning new things about designing from different sources.
- Attend the classes regularly so that you never miss any topic of your course. Each and every topic is equally important for getting good grades and for your knowledge.
- Write and maintain proper notes which will help you to study later when the classes are over. Highlight the important points and focus more on them.
- Participate in activities that are related to your course and career. This will always help to polish your skills.
- Focus equally in learning communication skills which will be very useful and helpful during your professional life. This will help you to communicate with the client regarding your designs.
- Stay confident and positive throughout your college life. This will make you overcome all the obstacles in life.
- Learn all the basics of designing because if your base is strong, nobody could stop you from learning advanced things in designing and these basic theories and practical are most important and useful in your professional life.
- Do the practical and your homework regularly, these exercises will sharpen your knowledge and keep you glued to the subject.
- Always be a learner first. Never hesitate or feel shy to ask your doubt to anybody, whether they are senior or junior to you.
Ahmedabad is one of the places which is very good in designing sector. There are some best known B. Des colleges in Ahmedabad which teach different specializations in designing and offer excellent placements. Nirma University is one of the top designing colleges situated in Ahmedabad that you can enroll yourself to learn designing.