Hookah coal is an essential element of the hookah smoking experience. It is the heat source used to burn the flavored tobacco, and is typically made from coconut shells, bamboo, or wood. The charcoal is lit, and then placed in a bowl on top of the hookah, which then produces the smoke that is inhaled through a hose. Properly prepared and lit hookah coal will produce a clean, flavorful smoke, while poorly prepared coal can produce an unpleasant, acrid smoke. It is important to use quality hookah coal in order to get the best smoking experience possible.
Types of Hookah Coal
1. Natural Coconut Coals: These are made from coconut shells and are the most popular selection of hookah coals. They heat up quickly and can last for a long time.
2. Quick Lights: These coals are made from compressed sawdust and other combustible materials, and are lit with a lighter or match. They tend to heat up quickly and can be used easily in a pinch.
3. Charcoal Tablets: These hookah coals are made from compressed charcoal and are lit with a lighter or match. They are easy to use and are great for hookah lounges.
4. Binchotan Charcoal: These coals are made from a type of Japanese white charcoal and are considered to be the highest quality hookah coals. They burn slowly and evenly and are great for creating a longer-lasting hookah experience.
Benefits of Hookah Coal
1. Longer smoking sessions: Hookah coal will last longer than traditional charcoal, so it can provide you with a longer smoking session.
2. Produces less smoke: It produces much less smoke compared to traditional charcoal, making it perfect for indoor smoking.
3. Easier to light: It is much easier to light than traditional charcoal, meaning you don’t have to worry about lighting your coal.
4. Better flavor: It can provide you with a better flavor compared to traditional charcoal, allowing you to enjoy a more enjoyable smoking experience.
5. Easier to clean: It is much easier to clean than traditional charcoal, making it an ideal choice for those who want to keep their hookah clean and tidy.
How to Use Different Types of Hookah Coal?
Hookah coal is an important part of any hookah smoking experience. Different types of hookah coal can affect the flavor of your hookah smoke, so it’s important to know how to use each type correctly.
1. Natural Charcoal: Natural charcoal is the most common type of hookah coal and is made of compressed coconut or palm husks. It is available in small cubes or round discs. Natural charcoal is the most traditional type of hookah coal and is easy to use. Simply light the charcoal disk or cube with a lighter or match and place it on top of your hookah bowl.
2. Quick-Light Charcoal: Quick-light charcoal is pre-treated with flammable chemicals to make it easier to light. This type of coal is great for those who don’t want to wait for the natural charcoal to light. However, quick-light charcoal does produce more smoke, so it can overpower the flavor of your hookah tobacco.
3. Electric Charcoal: It is easy to use and produces virtually no smoke. It is also the most expensive type of hookah coal, but it is well worth the cost if you want a clean, flavorful smoking experience.
How to Choose the Right Hookah Coal for You?
1. Know Your Hookah: Different hookahs require different types of coal, so it’s important to know the type of hookah you have. For example, some hookahs require quick-light coals, while others require natural coals.
2. Consider the Heat: Quick-light coals typically provide more heat than natural coals, so it’s important to consider how much heat you need for your hookah. If you’re looking for cooler smoke, natural coals are the way to go.
3. Price and Availability: The price and availability of coal can vary depending on the type of coal you choose. Quick-light coals tend to be more expensive and more widely available, while natural coals can be more difficult to find and may require special ordering.
4. Taste: Different types of coal can impart different flavors to your hookah. Quick-light coals typically provide a neutral flavor, while natural coals may impart a more distinct flavor.
5. Size: The size of the coal you choose can also affect the quality of your hookah experience. Natural coals tend to be larger than quick-light coals, which means they can provide a longer-lasting smoke.
No matter which type of coal you choose, make sure to follow the instructions on the package to ensure a safe and enjoyable hookah experience.
Hookah coal is an essential part of the hookah experience. It provides the heat that is necessary to vaporize the shisha and produce the smoke that is inhaled. As with any coal, there are different types of hookah coal, each with its own benefits and drawbacks. Ultimately, it is up to the individual to decide which coal is best for their particular hookah experience.