MPharm means The Master of Science in Pharmacy is the standard Master degree program in Pharmacy. In India, MPharma is offered as post graduate after completion of BPharma degree. It deals with the aspects related to pharmacy. It teaches students with the division of health and chemical science which ensures the safe and effective use of the pharmaceutical drug. The duration of the course is 2 years spread over four semesters in India.
● A Candidate must hold the B.Pharma degree from a PCI and AICTE approved Institute.
● The Candidate must have minimum 55% marks in average (50% for SC/ST) in graduation.
● The average tuition fee of M.Pharma course ranges from INR 50,000-1 lakh in government colleges and INR 2 – 5 lakh in private colleges.
● For the purpose of admission in this course, an entrance test is taken like GPAT. The scores of the entrance test are acceptable by most of the colleges.
Choice of college
A candidate must choose the best institute for the M.Pharma after thoroughly going through the prospectus of each college and after getting confirmation about the placement and campus procedure of that particular institution. A student should check some details about the colleges which offers this course, while they are offering some facilities like a wide range of subjects, reasonable course fees, the value of the certificate, popularity of the college, availability of the scholarship scheme, on-campus placement, etc. Here are some renowned colleges in India which offers the MPharma course with various subjects and facilities.
1. The first national level institute in pharmaceutical science is National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research or NIPER which become center excellence for advanced studies and research in pharmaceutical science. NIPER has been declared as an ‘Institute of National Importance’ by the Govt of India. Students can choose the NIPER institute from various places of the country such as Ahmadabad, Guwahati, Hajipur, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mohali, Raebareli. NIPER-Ahmadabad is functioning independently at its own campus in Gandhinagar with a state of art research laboratory facility including an animal house and canteen. Presently there are seven streams viz. biotechnology, Natural Products, Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Analysis, Medicinal Chemistry, Pharmacology & Toxicology and Medical Device with a mandate to be the National Center for Medical device in coming years.
The admission for the session 2019 are expected to begin in June 2019 and the expected date of commencement of online registration is April 25, 2019. The MPharma course fees from this institute are approx INR 57000 here.
2. The second most renowned institute for Mpharma is University Institute of Pharmaceutical Science, Chandigarh. This institute recognized by UGC was established in 1944 and it gives 100% placement to its candidate. The two years course in this institute containing four semester includes Pharmaceutical Analysis, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, pharmaceutics, pharmacognosy, Pharmacology and Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance. Admission form will be available from second-third week of June 2019. The MPharma course fees from this institute is approx INR 42000 here.
3. ICT or Institute for Chemical Technology in Mumbai, Maharashtra is one of the good institutes of Mpharma course. Only 20 seats are available for this course here and the candidates are selected on the basis of GPAT score. Course fees are comparatively high here (INR 82000). Subjects available in this institute are Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Medicinal Natural Products. Online form fill up will be started from June, 2019 and the name of those candidates who are eligible for this course here will be declared in June 25.
4. Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Science or MCOPS Karnataka is a private research institute deemed to be University located in Manipal Karnataka. The subjects are studied are as follows- drug regulatory affairs, Industrial Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Administrations, Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, pharmaceutics, pharmacognosy, Pharmacology and Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance. Candidates have enough space here to choose any subjects they required.
5. Other renowned colleges for Mpharma include Bombay College of Pharmacy (BCP) where a candidate get a wide range of subjects like Pharmaceutical Analysis, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, pharmaceutics, pharmacognosy, Pharmacology etc and course fees in this college is INR 1,33,000. Students have to qualify the GPAT examination to get a chance in this college on the scorecard basis.
There are many other colleges which offer M.Pharma course. Some of the top colleges are as follows:-
6.College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Vishakhapatnam
7.JSS College of Pharmacy, Nilgiris
8.LM College of Pharmacy, Ahmadabad
9.KLE College of Pharmacy, Hubli
10.Madras Medical College, Chennai
11.Government College of Pharmacy, Bangalore
12.Utkal University, Bhubaneswar
Now-a-days Pune, Maharastra become the centre of attraction as one could get the best institute for M.Pharma in Pune like:-
● Sinhgad institute of Pharmacy, Pune
● Bharti Vidyapith Deemed University, Pune
● Allana college of Pharmacy, Pune
● AISSMS college of Pharmace ,Pune
● Poona college of Pharmacy, pune