Common Myths About Online Casinos

Casinos like Vulkan Vegas are plagued with myths and misconceptions. The most common myth, which is also an accusation, is that online casinos are rigged and, therefore, cheat players. 

This accusation, of course, is not true. The casino industry is a heavily regulated one. Besides, gambling sites have no reason to cheat — the games, by design, produce random results, but the odds are in the casino’s favor.

Some Slots Are Hot, and Some Are Cold

One of the pervasive myths in online and land-based casinos is that some slots are hot and some are cold. Hot slots refer to slot machines that pay out a lot of money. If a slot machine is not giving payouts, the players would say it is cold.

There is no such thing. It is a myth that people perpetrate because they want to give meaning to everything. Slots that pay out repeatedly do so not because they are hot but because of coincidence. The problem is that people will never accept coincidence as an answer. 

Slot games today use a random number generator software program. It is a program that ensures that all symbols are randomly picked. It means there is no pattern in how slots produce the symbols on the screen. 

The random number generator, or RNG, is a legal requirement. All game developers use it, especially in the world of real-cash casinos. As such, there can never be a hot or a cold slot machine.   

Casinos Cheat on Roulette, Blackjack, and Other Games

Games like blackjack and roulette are two of the most played games in the gambling industry. Like the slot machine, the game developers thought of the design so well that your likelihood of winning is so slim.

Here are the most common myths:

  • Blackjack – the casino machine or game software “knows” your hand and decides what card to give to the dealer’s hand. 
  • Roulette – the same thing with blackjack; the “software” program deliberately lands the ball on a slot where you have not bet.

These myths are not real. Like the slot machine, these games use a random number generator. The software programs randomly select cards and randomly select where the ball would drop. 

On the other hand, your statistical chances of winning are also small. For one, there are 37 digits in roulette. Some use 38. Betting on one digit only gives you a 2.7% chance of winning. This chance is too small. The casino, however, has a 97.3% chance of winning. 

You Can Count Cards in Online Blackjack

Counting cards in blackjack is not illegal, but land-based gambling facilities do not like it. Some card counters who have gotten so good at it can win a lot. Because of this, there is a pervasive myth that you can apply the same principle in online blackjack.

Well, you can’t. Blackjack games in online casinos do not tell you how many decks there are in a game. Although you play classic blackjack online, you never know if the game uses four, six, or eight decks. 

How can you count the cards if you do not know how many decks there are? Some card counters say that casinos also use a standard number of cards. However, there is one problem: casino sites shuffle the cards at every round. It means the cards used in the previous rounds are back in the deck, and you can never make card counting work. 

Casinos Do Not Pay

Some players complain that casinos do not pay. As such, it has become an urban myth. Gambling platforms do not pay if you cheat. Many online players try to game the system, and when the casinos catch them, they refuse to acknowledge their ways. 

Casinos pay if the player wins legitimately. Countless players made it into the headlines for winning a lot of money. In addition, why would people join casino tournaments if they do not get paid?  

As mentioned earlier, the casino industry is heavily regulated. There are government organizations and third-party groups that watch gambling platforms like a hawk. Casinos on the erring side of the law have to pay big penalties for malpractice or unfair practices. If you think about it, there is no way casinos will risk their license over a few dollars.

Gamblers who do not understand casinos are susceptible to believing casino myths. The casino industry is a legitimate business, complete with regulations. By design, the games put the players at a disadvantage.

Casinos use statistics to ensure that the house has an advantage. This concept is what many players seem to miss — as such, they accuse casinos of cheating, although they do not have to cheat to win.

Vivek is a published author of Meidilight and a cofounder of Zestful Outreach Agency. He is passionate about helping webmaster to rank their keywords through good-quality website backlinks. In his spare time, he loves to swim and cycle. You can find him on Twitter and Linkedin.