Breakfast is considered one of the most important meals of the day. The term “breakfast” literally means breaking the fast that you did overnight between the morning and last evening. Hence it is important to have a healthy, nutritious, and filling breakfast every day.
When we talk about healthy & nutritious food, it is important to note that it is exclusively about a fresh, vitamin-enriched, protein-rich diet that contains all the essential nutrients in appropriate amounts. Nutrition is a fuel that nourishes the body – by recovering and repairing the body tissues, building new cells, and creating resistance to illnesses through a strong immunity system, maintained via nutrition.
Hence, the human body cannot maintain its healthy condition without proper nutrition, and it can get diseases and illnesses with deficiencies. We can plan the first meal of the day in such a balanced manner, that it encompasses all the necessary nutrients altogether in the desired way so that it is tasty & healthy at the same time.
Besides, you can also consider the top healthy fast food options for healthy living. These foods can bring relief to your stomach and also helps you to get nutrition to your body.
Breakfast ideas for a healthy meal every day-
1) Mix Vegetable Poha – Poha is a nutritious source of carbohydrates, protein, fiber, vitamins, iron, and more. Poha is considered one of the most wholesome foods and has a low glycaemic index. It is very easy to prepare, takes less time in cooking, and can be consumed with chutney, tea, or coffee.
2) Appam – Appam is a traditional south Indian preparation made with fermented rice, coconut batter, and vegetable stew on the side. These fluffy rice pancakes are gluten-free and vegan and make a delicious vegetarian breakfast every morning. It is thin, crispy, and made with a very little amount of ghee or oil. With an easy-to-use appam pan, these crispy, round pancakes can be prepared if you have the batter stored in the refrigerator. If you have an appam pan that is non-stick and made with cast iron, it serves multiple dishes like dosa, paratha, roti, and even roast spices.
3) Upma – Upma is a storehouse of nutrition. Made with easy-to-digest semolina, curry leaves, ginger, nuts, and a few spices, Upma is made with Rava & can be quickly prepared every morning. It is filled with seasonal vegetables & is fluffy and soft, and can be enjoyed by the elderly as well as children.
4) Vegetable Dalia – Dalia is a popular food in the weight loss journey and has been around for a long time. Dalia commonly is prepared in milk with sugar for a mindful meal, and it is equally nutritious and tasty when prepared with vegetables for breakfast. It is high in fiber and low in carbohydrates and provides nutritious value for a healthy body.
5) Multigrain Paratha – One of the most likeable choices for breakfast is a paratha. But for the health-conscious ones, paratha is a no-no because of its ghee and butter content. For multigrain paratha, this trouble is non-existent as it is low calorie, and tasteful as well. To make these parathas you can use whole wheat, ragi, oats, and bajra flour in equal amounts and add onions, chilly, coriander, cumin powder, and chili flakes into it. With the mixture of these multi-grains, the paratha can be garnished with any vegetable of your choice. This nutritious breakfast is healthy and delicious to have as the first meal of your day.
With these breakfast options, it is easy to adopt a simple and nutritious diet that leads to proper digestion and healthy living. Eating packed food all the time leads to multiple disorders and disturbs the idea of sustainable living whereas cooking for yourself and your family every day reduces wastage and limits the damage to your environment. A concept of living harmoniously with the surroundings to live better & longer, sustainable living helps in maintaining the earth for generations to come. It is a process of healing the earth, and with it, healing the body itself.