Finding the right school for your kid is an important decision as a parent. While considering a school, parents must make sure that school not only puts emphasis on the academics but also lays special focus on the overall growth and development of the students. There are numerous options available when it comes to finding the boarding school in India. So, parents have to consider some basic elements to choose the right one. In the modern educational system, the schools have a lot more to offer to the students than just education and they focus on improving personality of students, inculcating discipline to create the independent and mature citizens of tomorrow who can contribute to society in an effective manner. And, this trend is furthered by the Indian boarding schools which take one step ahead and groom students in an overall manner. Parents choose boarding schools for their child for the quality of education, life skills, discipline and communications skills which these schools are able to inculcate in them.
Choosing to send a child to boarding school is a crucial decision for any parent. And, not every school fits for every child and it is the responsibility of parents to make sure that their child gets the best education. Here is the list of some important points to consider when it comes to finding the best boarding schools in India:
1. Vision and mission of the school: It is really good to gain the information about the ethos and philosophy of any school. It is always important to meet the school principal and teachers to understand what they could offer to your child.
2. Curriculum: The school curriculum plays a vast role in the development of your child. It is always important to know what board the school is affiliated to and if it offers well-rounded education system for the holistic growth of students.
3. Faculty: Faculty of a school matters a lot when it comes to finding the right boarding school for the kid. Imagine a scenario where teachers preaching lessons to your kid is not educated enough to answer the queries. Well, no one wants to take chance! So, it is important to cross-check the education and experience of the faculty.
4. Infrastructure: How many of the parents would feel gratified after sending their kid to school where the infrastructure is not in proper condition and classrooms are not well-ventilated? The playground, laboratories, libraries and school building play an important role in the infrastructure of school. Always consider these factors and check what kind of facilities is available inside the school campus and does the school organize activities to expose the students to the surrounding environment. What kind of hostel facilities is there, how far is the medical center and whether emergency services are available in campus? Visit the school campus and hostel area to know everything about it.
5. Extra-curricular activities: Involvement in creative and extra-curricular activities can give an extra edge to a student as it fosters their intellectual skills. Music, dance, creative art and sports sessions are the major part of school activities. Various workshops are also organized to boost the soft and hard skills development of students and the participation for each student is a must in these activities.