A listing agent represents the great majority of residences in NYC, and FSBO (For Sale By Owner) listings are uncommon. The seller pays the broker’s 5-6% commission, which is then shared with the buyer’s agent if one exists.
Brokers are particularly useful when buying a co-op in NYC because they are more familiar with the standards for that property and may offer you a better feel of the appropriate candidate. Furthermore, you won’t have to pay a broker’s charge when it comes to sales. That money is frequently included in the sale price and shared between the sellers and your brokers.
What are the Factors deciding your Realtors?
It would be best to look into the following factors when deciding on a realtor before buying or selling the house.
- Must know the local areas you’re interested in.
- They should take care of your listings instead of keeping an assistant.
- They should be aware of your preferences and sensibility.
- Must have at least a few years of experience.
- They should have experience in various projects such as condos, new developments, townhouses, and co-ops.
So, Here is a list of the top 5 realtors in New York.
- Derek Greene
Since 2004, Derek Greene has been a licensed real estate agent. He specializes in limited service MLS listings and for sale by owner transactions. Derek is the creator of The Greene Realty Group and is affiliated with Houzeo. He is familiar with For Sale By Owners, Buyer Agents, Seller Agents, Listing Facilitation, and Consultation. Contract review, yard signage, online showing scheduling, price advice, and marketing flyers are some other services.
- He has completed over 3565 listings.
- On Zillow, he has over 135 good reviews.
Houzeo is a cutting-edge MLS listing platform that charges a flat price for homeowners to list their houses on the MLS. Throughout the selling process, your listing agent will be there to help you. In California, a Flat Fee MLS New York listing saves you roughly half of the realtor’s commission.
Everything is entirely automatic when you have an online presence. MLS exposure to the greatest extent was practicable. A variety of services are available for a reasonable price. Changes and updates to postings are made quickly.
- Daniel Axtmann
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Hudson Valley’s Daniel Axtmann is a REALTOR. Among his specialties are new construction, residential listings and sales, buyer’s agent, relocation, short sales, and foreclosures.
- He has been a Realtor with Prudential Serls Prime Properties in Lagrange.
- He is a member of the Mid-Hudson Multiple Listing Service, Empire Access Multiple Listing Service, Greater Hudson Valley Multiple Listing Service, National Association of Realtors, New York State Association of Realtors, Dutchess County Association of Realtors, and American Marketing Association.
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices is a real estate brokerage franchise network created specifically for today’s market. They are great specialists in everything from first-time homebuyers to high-end residential markets, middle-market towns, and commercial real estate.
- John Farrell
John Farrell is a seasoned real estate agent headquartered in New York and has sold over 2,600 residences. When buying or selling a home, he has vast experience in contracts, finance, marketing, and negotiating. Eviction, Foreclosure, Violations, Title, Investment Property Short Sale, Seller Agent, Buyer Agent, and All Real Estate are his areas of experience.
- John is Broome County’s Top Producer, with over 3,500 Sales in the last 25 years.
- Designation as a Certified Residential Specialist
- He has received #1 Exit Lister/sales/sponsors out of over 35,000 agents in North America
- Teal receives the International TOP award for the highest number of sales in North America.
- E-PRO Designation from the National Association of Realtors is given to the country’s top 1% of Realtors.
Exit Realty Homeward Bound
Exit Realty Homeward Bound serves Tioga, Broome, Otsego, Chenango, and Delaware counties. The Realtor professionals help buyers and sellers with all aspects of real estate in Binghamton and Oneonta, New York.
They are a rapidly developing North American real estate franchise business. They are significantly more than a real estate agency because all our agents are Realtors. They provide top-notch service providers, whether buying or selling.
- Jill Ogden
Jill Ogden works at Coldwell Banker Timberland Properties as a REALTOR. She is FAA-certified to use drone photography for breathtaking views. Lake Homes, Resort and Second-Home Property Specialist, Mountain Views, Relocation, Vacation Properties, and Staging are among his specialties.
- Jill won the President’s Elite Award, recognizing the top 1% of Coldwell Banker agents worldwide.
- He was the Speaker at Coldwell Banker’s Generation Blue Experience 2021.
Coldwell Banker Timberland Properties
Coldwell Banker Real Estate LLC, an American full-service real estate firm, is owned by Realogy. It began in San Francisco in 1906 and had over 3,000 locations in 49 nations and territories. It is one of New York’s most well-known real estate firms.
CBx, a cutting-edge technology, will assist in collecting more exact property data. The company’s name is well-known, and it has a long history. New agent onboarding programs are fantastic. As a result, the market has expanded its scope. There are a lot of great company-wide activities and conferences to go to.
- Richard Leasure
Richard Leasure is an Associate Broker at Howard Hanna Pittsford – Monroe Avenue and a New York REALTOR. Listing Agent, Buyer’s Agent, Commercial Real Estate, and Relocation are all areas of expertise for him.
- In 2020, he was named the top agent in Rochester for individual sales.
Howard Hanna Real Estate Services
Howard Hanna Real Estate Services, started by Howard and Anne Freyvogel Hanna in 1957 with a single office in Pittsburgh, is now the country’s largest family-owned and run brokerage.
If you are thinking of buying or selling a house without a realtor it’s a good idea to do so, especially in New York, where the market is extremely competitive. Your broker will assist you in securing the best possible offer and negotiating concessions.
There are other advantages, such as the ability of a good buyer’s agent such as Houzeo will estimate the likelihood of passing the board before making an offer, saving everyone time and money. They’ll also be able to assist you in putting together an application package that appeals to the board’s preferences, increasing your chances of approval.