Engineering institutes in Andhra Pradesh pride themselves as high-class institutions imparting quality education to students. These institutes help students seeking to build a strong and successful career in the realm of engineering.
If you are looking forward to enroll yourself into an engineering college, which college, and which branch of engineering to opt for can be the most difficult, and at the same time, the most important decision of your life. Here are a few tips that will help the prospective engineers to opt for the best engineering colleges in Andhra Pradesh.
- Always choose a college according to your strengths and after knowing the future prospects of the chosen stream.
- It is better to opt for a new place. Choosing a new place will be a little challenging but you will learn a lot about different cultures.
- Always opt for an old college rather than a well-established and new college.
- It is more appreciable to choose a very good private engineering college over a not-so-good, relatively new Government College.
Those students who seek to take admission in the best engineering colleges in Andhra Pradesh can benefit from the list of top engineering colleges mentioned below.
Here are the top engineering institutes of Andhra Pradesh-
- Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management (GITAM) – It is one of the best private engineering Colleges in Andhra Pradesh. It was established in 1980 and is affiliated to Andhra University. The college has campuses in Visakhapatnam, Hyderabad and Bangalore. GITAM got the status of deemed university under Section 3 of UGC Act 1956 in 2007 and became the first private engineering institute in Andhra Pradesh to receive university status. The University offers degree, diploma and certificate programs to engineering aspirants. Other courses offered by the college include B.Com, B.Sc., M.Sc., BCA, B.Pharmacy, B. Arch, LLB/BBA, LLB, MBBS, B.Sc. Nursing, and M. Pharmacy and five year Integrated BA.
- International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad (IIIT-H) – This is an autonomous university and was set up in 1998. During the years it has gradually emerged as one of the most venerated and sought-after institutes of India. It is counted among the best technical colleges of India and among the top engineering institutes in Andhra Pradesh. It offers admission to engineering programs like B. Tech based on the cut-offs of JEE Mains.
- GMR Institute of Technology (GMRIT) – Established in 1997, it was founded by the GMR Varalakshmi Foundation, the corporate social responsibility arm of GMR Group. GMRIT has a reputation of offering high quality technical education to the aspiring engineers. The college is built on the strength of state-of-the-art facilities, infrastructure and a competent faculty. The college encourages collaborative learning between industry and academia and thus helps students to get knowledge with both practical and real world experiences.
4. Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTU) – This University was established way back in the year 1965 with a special focus on engineering. Located in Kukatpally, JNTU Hyderabad has received an ‘A’ grade rating by the NAAC. It annually admits 1000 students and offers engineering programs like B. Tech. The alumnus of JNTU is known to offer excellent placements to the students in India and abroad.