Liposuction is a popular surgical procedure that removes fat in certain areas of your body using suction. This procedure is performed by using cannulas, which are small and thin tubes with blunted tips. In this Liposuction surgery in Hyderabad, the doctor inserts the cannulas through small incisions in the patient’s skin. Thereafter, the fat is suctioned through the tubes as they target certain fat deposits under the skin. The purpose of this surgical procedure is not necessarily to reduce body weight instead it helps to reshape certain areas of the body. It targets body areas that do not respond well to diet and exercise.
Types of Liposuction
Tumescent liposuction – It is used to numb the body part where the tube will be inserted. In this type of liposuction general anesthesia is not required.
Ultrasound-assisted liposuction – In this type of liposuction, ultrasound is used to liquefy the fat, which makes it easier to remove. It helps in eliminating fat from the upper abdomen, sides, and back.
Laser-assisted liposuction – This type of liposuction procedure is performed using low-energy waves to liquefy the fat, which is then removed via a small cannula.
There are various Benefits of Liposuction: –
It can improve the shape and contour of your body. Also, completely remove, lipomas, which are benign fatty tumors in certain areas of the body.
It can benefit men suffering from gynecomastia by removing the fatty breast tissue. Further, it can help treat lipodystrophy syndrome which is related to fat metabolism disturbance. The positive effects of liposuction can last for long.
It can enhance the overall appearance of someone’s body. Thus, making it more natural looking for people who has had a gastric band or bypass procedure.
It can also play a crucial role to treat excessive sweating in the armpit areas, as well as chafing in other areas, such as the thighs.
It can help improve a person’s overall well-being by enhancing severe imbalances and abnormalities in the body’s appearance. Although, it cannot be considered a substitute for a healthy living style, but it can make you feel good.
There are many benefits associated with Liposuction as mentioned above. At the same time, there are many risks involved too. So, anyone interested in undergoing lipo should know the risks involved with this procedure.
Here mentioned are some of the risks of Liposuction: –
- It has a slow healing process that can involve moderate scarring, bruising lasting up to 4-5 months after the surgery. There might be vomiting for the few days following the procedure.
- It may lead to nutritional deficiencies from malabsorptive operations or anemia and cause thrombophlebitis. It occurs when a blood clot forms in a vein causing that vein to become significantly inflamed.
- It may lead to numbness in certain areas for several weeks following the procedure. But, numbness is usually only temporary.
- It might also result in skin infections. Although there is minimal chances for such infections but if it occurs the skin infections may result in scarring.
- It might also cause inflammation surrounding the treated areas. This can occur for up to 6 months after the surgery and may be accompanied with fluids oozing from the incisions. The difference in fluid levels may possibly be problematic for your heart and kidney in the future.
- It can cause pulmonary embolism. This happens when fat enters the bloodstream and then the heart, can cause pulmonary edema. In this case fluid accumulates in the lungs which can be damaging to the lungs.
The friction from the cannulas may cause skin burns which damage both the skin and the nerves in the treated areas. Also, there is always a possibility and risk of the patient having an allergic reaction which can always be life-threatening in the worst cases.
Summing up: –
Liposuction is the most common form of plastic surgery undergone by people worldwide to lose weight. Generally, people turn up to liposuction when exercise fails to help reduce body fat. Thus, it is a quick fix procedure for losing weight. Hence, it is beneficial for removing fat from areas of the body that have not responded to diet and exercise. For instance, abdomen, arms, buttocks, calves and ankles, hips and thighs, tummy, etc.
There are a couple of risks involved with liposuction, but do not let those risks scare you. It is generally a very safe procedure, especially if performed by a qualified medical professional of a reputed hospital. However, before undergoing the procedure, you must consult your doctor to make sure liposuction is right for you.
Vivek is a published author of Meidilight and a cofounder of Zestful Outreach Agency. He is passionate about helping webmaster to rank their keywords through good-quality website backlinks. In his spare time, he loves to swim and cycle. You can find him on Twitter and Linkedin.