CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test. This exam is conducted at the national level to offer students admission in various National Law Universities in India. Considering the tough competition, a candidate has to be thorough in their preparation. The right selection of books and an effective preparation strategy is the key to success in the exam. This article provides effective tips to help CLAT exam aspirants in their preparation.
CLAT 2021 Exam Preparation Tips
Here are a few tips on HOW TO PREPARE FOR CLAT 2021 exam.
- Make a realistic time table and follow it throughout the preparation. Your timetable should be such that it covers all the concepts and topics of the exam.
- Candidates should aim at practice tests, mock tests, and solving previous year’s question papers. Doing this way, a candidate will get an idea about the ways in which questions are asked in the exam. By analysing the test performance and score, they can identify their weak zones and work towards improving them. It also instils confidence in them and helps them cope up with the exam-induced stress and anxiety.
- Learn about the marking scheme. As in the CLAT exam, there is a negative marking of 0.25 marks; a candidate should not make assumptions. It may lead to losing precious marks. They should attempt only those questions that they are 100% sure of.
- Make it a habit to read newspapers and watch news channels regularly for an hour or more. It will help improve the vocabulary and also keep them updated about current affairs. Practice reading2-3 comprehension passages daily. It will help enhance grasping power and answering speed. Watch free CLAT Coaching Classes.
- A candidate should remember that “principle” is always correct. It is required to keep their personal viewpoint aside and correctly apply the principle to a given fact.
- It is also essential to invest in reliable study material. To avoid confusion, it is better not to read many books, but only a few recommended ones. Below we have mentioned the best books for the CLAT exam for all the topics.
Study Material ForCLAT 2021 Exam
The right books are the major requirement to prepare for the CLAT exam. Though there is an umpteen number of books available, we have compiled the BEST CLAT BOOKS to help in your exam preparation. In addition to these books, a candidate should refer to the sample question paper, model question papers, exercises, mock tests, and other beneficial instructional materials for all UG-CLAT 2021 exam sections.
- Wren & Martin’s High School English Grammar and Composition
- English is Easy by Chetananand Singh
- Pocket Guide to Vocabulary by Barron
- Objective General English by RS Aggarwal
- CLAT Guide by Universal
- Bare Acts of Indian Constitution
- Legal Awareness and Legal Aptitude by AP Bhardwaj
- Class 10th NCERT Textbook
- Quantitative Aptitude by RS Aggarwal
- MK Pandey’s Analytical Reasoning
- Analytical and Logical Reasoning by R.S. Aggarwal
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by RS Aggarwal
General Knowledge and Current Affairs
- Manorama Year Book
- General Knowledge by Lucent
- Competition Success Review
- India Year Book
- The Hindu Newspaper