All Indian women have a special space for a saree; after all, it is our national dress. Moreover, the saree plays an essential role in every woman’s life. Most of us prefer to drape a saree on any occasion because of its elegance.
When it comes to saree, Banarasi is the first name that pops up in our minds. Though it is Bengali tradition that brides need to wear Banarasi on their wedding day, women from all states love to wear this saree.
Its popularity has crossed the borders and gained international popularity. It has multiple intricate designs woven into its six-yard body. These days, the search for Banarasi saree online has increased significantly.
History of Banarasi saree
The historical backdrop of Indian sarees traces back to the Hindu folklore of Ramayana in the 1000 to 300 B.C. Banarasi silk was acquainted with India by the Mughal Empire with its unpredictable weaving craftsmanship. The Banarasi silk today has a combination of two cultures, the Mughals and Indian.
Earlier, India imported silk for this saree from China; these days, the silk is produced in the Southern regions of India.
Indian sarees are categorized into two general classes- the traditional wedding and the designer sarees. Banarasi sarees belong to the first one, and they are adorned for variations in their textures, surfaces, colors, and subtle designs.
The Banarasi sarees are produced in Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh. They are one of the best traditional sarees in India and exceptionally hefty because of their rich weaving, making them ideal choices for weddings, festivals, and other occasions. This saree is generally made in four assortments:
- Organza (Kora)
- Georgette saree,
- Shatir saree
The numerous varieties of Banarasi silk saree are organza, Resham butidar, Tanchoi, silk borders, jangla, Brocades, and cutwork that have intriguing plans of creatures, birds, flower, natural product, human figures, and geometrical patterns.
Persian themes are also remembered for the authentic Indian designs that show off particular flower patterns of the saree. The Banarasi sarees were initially decorated with strings made of genuine gold and silver for the imperial family.
To be reasonable these days for everybody, the strings have been supplanted with hued gold and silver colored strings. This popular saree has appealing patterns and shades woven on a handloom and delivered everywhere in the world.
How to choose the best shop for buying Banarasi saree online?
Whenever you are looking for the best shop to buy Banarasi saree online, you should consider the following facts:
- Customer Review: what our customers are saying about their purchase experience.
- Options: Does the online store have ample choices for you? As stated above, Banarasi has many varieties; the online store should provide you with those varieties.
- Return Policy: The store must have a convincing return policy as you are buying a saree online, colours or quality of the delivered saree may differ from the one seen on the website or app.
- Price: You can compare the costs of the same saree on different online stores. It will help you understand which store is offering the best deal.
- Shipment process: Shipment plays a significant role in online shopping. You should ensure that the store has a prominent shipping process, and you will be able to track your order without any hassle.
You can quickly determine which the best online shopping site is for buying Banarasi saree by considering these facts.