In the past, we used to save information on diskettes. But the inconvenience with them was that they couldn’t store a lot of information, so we had to delete frequently the old things to save the newest ones. Besides, they had malfunctions often, so we were always at risk of losing the valuable data that was in it. Then we got the CDs with a higher storage capacity but easy to damage like diskettes. Now we have custom USB flash drives, and this magnificent invention is here to stay!
What makes a USB flash drive so life-changing for people? There are several good reasons for it, and we explain them here. These reasons are also why they are a great marketing tool for businesses today (and why they will continue being that in the future). Check them out, and make them a marketing tool for your business too! They are the following:
The many advantages of USB flash drives
- First of all, they prove that a great, great deal can come in a tiny, small package. Yes, these little devices (some of them as small as a fingernail) can save lots of documents, presentations, programs, audio and video files. You can even save several movies in it!
- You can brand them and give them to your friends and customers as a present. As a marketing strategy is excellent because a flash drive can last way more than many other companies’ gifts! It creates a great first impression in their minds for being so handy, which will speak very well of you. And since they will carry it with them anywhere, they will see your brand’s name anytime they use it.
- For some people, cloud storage is not reliable. Online hackers and their practices create an unsafe environment to store sensitive information, which explains why this little device serves as a fitting and even faster, more discreet alternative.
- And for those who trust cloud storage, sometimes internet connection is not at its best, and this represents the risk of a possible loss of data. That does not happen with a flash drive. Once you save what you are doing in it your data remains there, and it doesn’t matter if you have internet or not. You will still be able to access to it from any computer. Of course, be careful with internet viruses.
- USB flash drives are not expensive at all! And if you buy a large amount of them, they are even cheaper. You add a high value to your brand or company while saving money, all at once! What else can you ask from something so versatile and necessary?
Giving pens, mugs, pads and T-shirts is still considered both a good marketing hit and a nice gesture. But if you want people to remember your company, give them customized USB flash drives to take your brand and advertise it wherever they go! It is the best win-win method you will ever find.