There is no hide-n-seek game regarding the immense expansion of software Development Company in the last couple of years. In fact, most of the businesses irrespective of their core competency rush to build enterprise software for attaining markets with the help of new products.
Moreover, it also helps their respective parent business to improve in terms of operation effectively at the same time. Being the CEO of the best software development company with a high reliability of enterprise software you may think how a high value can be created by software development in the upcoming era.
For this, you must gain a basic idea about the present trends of software development. Read on this blog to know them.
Mixed Reality (MR)
Mixed Reality (MR) as the name suggests it is perfect blend of Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR). It possesses a significant contribution for the development of the enterprise applications. VR is responsible for increasing immersive user experience whereas AR gets integrated to the users’ physical environment with digital content.
Certain sectors like healthcare, gaming, construction, architecture, tourism and defense increase their business value by this technology. There is a rapid expansion in the MR’s global market. It is used in the following cases:
- Businesses which want to improve the overall engineering and design processes by 3D Modeling.
- Non-profit organizations, government organizations and businesses make use of VR and AR for training their employees to perform the tough tasks perfectly.
- Overlaying of the digital information in physical environment with no-time can be done only by AR. Even it opens up a number of business possibilities for improving their overall business sector. Mainly digital representations are used for making clear illustrations.
- Both VR and AR are used in the smartest way in media & entertainment sector. It incorporates in much more user engagement. You might have heard about the very popular VR games.
- “Try Out” option of the eCommerce site is offered for checking the products virtually. This effort of VR and AR greatly impacts on the sale effort.
When Blockchain gets noticed by the two cryptocurrencies such as Ether and Bitcoin, this technology possesses a remarkable implication on the enterprise system. Being a peer-to-peer (P2P) network it provides utmost transparency, security features, distributed ledger and decentralization. As Blockchain network is transparent and tamper-proof it strengthens the trust amongst users.
Contract administration becomes much easier with their irreversible execution. Due to its keen exploration by the blockchain both governments and businesses are expanding at fast rate. It has the ability to meet the need of various sectors. Some uses of blockchain are as mentioned:
- Improvement of supply chain management– Being the most complex task involved with messy number of inefficiency, manual processes and paperwork, the procedure can be streamlined with Blockchain.
- Identity management– It is also comprised of a number of high-intensity manual procedures. As it resides in silos, IAM (Identity and Access Management) can be fully improved by Blockchain.
- Better analytics– Reliable data is needed by the analytic software for assuring the accurate forecasts and insights. Due to the audit trail and immutability of Blockchain proper data quality can be offered. With its incorporation businesses of every sector run the analytics tools perfectly.
- Disruption via decentralization– Both NEO-enabled entrepreneurs and Ethereum (Blockchain platform) conjointly build DApps (Decentralized Apps) which can easily disrupt any existed centralized models of business.
- Internet of Things (IoT) security– It possesses significant ability of deriving insights from a number of devices and sensors. IoT encounters risks when the full communication holds via Internet. Blockchain simply secures the communication by its gamut of robust features of security.
Artificial Intelligence (AI)
This computer science multi-disciplinary branch is a vast field itself. It assists in making the tasks of the human easier by doing it on their own. A specific portion of Artificial Intelligence has been utilized and commercialized for research & development in other sector.
It is stuffed with certain capabilities like speech, natural language processing, vision, deep learning and machine learning (ML). Computer can be trained by offering much experience. Feeding of much more coherent data will certainly improve its performing ability much identical to human tasks. It can be used in the following various ways:
- ML and AI assists in the automation of low-end tasks.
- Predictive maintenance powered by AI helps in enhancing the manufacturing industry’s operational efficiency.
- Chatbots incorporate the business by streamlining the consumer service operations.
- Scalable and efficient data processing of the patients for enhancing the service of healthcare organizations.
- Video and image recognition abilities of AI are helpful for security agencies and law enforcement.
The Internet of Things (IoT)
Along with the technological trends, Internet of Things (IoT) contributes a huge impact on the global business world. It refers to the web of physical objects such as appliances, vehicles, devices, gadgets etc. All these devices have sensors which make use of APIs (application programming interfaces) for exchanging the data with Internet connection.
IoT is sensors integration such as APIs, Radio-Frequency Identification (RFID), ML, AI and Big Data. Let’s have a glance at varied usages of IoT from below:
Predictive Maintenance– Sensors such as analytics, cameras and much more offer robust predictive maintenance ability to manufacturing and oil & gas industries for their optimal function.
Smart Meters– IoT-equipped smart meter helps in checking the consumption of energy in real-time for adjusting its price and energy distribution.
Asset Tracking– IoT incorporates in efficient asset tracking to certain business aspects such as logistics, supply chain and inventory.
Connected Vehicles– Self-driving cars alleviate the probability of accidents by using IoT as its key technological component.
Fleet Management– fleet effectiveness of the transportation industry can be improved with the help of the IoT. It does so by using assets and tracking vehicles.
Framework and language trends to develop enterprise apps
With consistent evolution of technology, you have to choose the framework and languages to craft your business app. Just look at the data mentioned below:
- jQuery is well-known web framework followed by ASP.NET, Angilar and React.js.
- Amongst the libraries of frameworks js is the famous one along followed by the .NET.
- 3 most famous databases are Microsoft SQL, PostgreSQL and MySQL.
- Swift and Kotlin are popular languages to develop native apps for iOS and Android respectively. These are also listed in most loved “app development languages”.
Cybercrime results in losses of a huge amount of money every year. Therefore, it must be the key consideration during the development of any enterprise app. As cybercriminals are too organized they also update their services and capabilities over course of time. It is referred to a number of attacks such as distributed-denial-of-services (DDoS) and phishing attacks.
So, mitigation of the proactive key applications of security risks is highly imperative. Mitigated applications assist in proper project management while strictly following the coding guidelines and IT architecture as well.
Key applications of the security risks are mentioned below:
- Sub-optimal monitoring and logging processes
- Use of outdated software with well-versed vulnerabilities
- Deserialization without proper security
- XSS (Cross-site scripting)
- Improper security configurations
- Implementing wrong access and identity management
- XXE (XML external entities)
- Sensitive data exposure
- Improper authentication
Progressive Web Applications (PWAs)
When it comes mobile performance and experience, undoubtedly native apps serve the best ever service to the users. But native app development is really expensive as it allows the developers to build the apps separately for iOS and Android. Hence, it is a matter of time too and cost for its long-term maintenance will be needed for two varied codebases as well.
Progressive Web Apps (PWAs) can be used as its substitution although it serves partly similar UE to that of the native apps. Additionally, part from working offline, it is secured, speedy and responsive as well. PWA can be easily added to the home screen by finding it on the browser.
As it supports push notifications and is linkable they always remain up to date. While you are in need of a native app within a tight budget, it can be your suitable option. Due to the loading of one codebase, it is quite affordable.
Furthermore, you have to pay attention to that specific codebase only for its proper maintenance. Customer engagement can be greatly benefitted with the help of PWAs.
In the last couple of years, low-code development has become the key trend! This approach is widely utilized by the businesses for improving the efficiency of the software development. It also alleviates the necessity of hand-coding at the same time.
GUIs are offered by the low-code development platform and it helps the developers for drawing the flowchart representing the business logic. Then, code will be generated by the platform for the implementation of the business logic. Digital transformation of the business can be accelerated up with the low-code platforms.
It will be done so by lowering down the IT development project’s backlog. Moreover, it is useful for eradicating the reliability on hard niches or technical skills. To take advantage of this platform you must choose enterprise-grade platforms that come with the features industry-standard security.
Code quality has an integral role to play in the software development progress. Hence, it must be always keep on the high priority. Several aspects of code quality are given in the following:
Leading software Development Company always maintains high code quality and it is written in much simpler way. That is why the organizations never have to fix multiple bugs to use them in the proper and most relevant way.
Along with the increased complexity of global business scenario, businesses strive to utilize the best capabilities they own for making their own identity. But there is a dilemma. Irrespective of owning IT portfolio assets a manufacturing industry cannot be an IT sector.
Though they may have developed a number of software solutions so far but it’s not the core competency of the company. Businesses mainly deal with the fact in a tricky way. Simply they put utmost concentration to their core competency by offloading the side-line jobs to such partners owing competency with it. This helps in immense growth in the IT outsourcing trend.
As per the landscape of the software development, you have to determine the most effective key trends. This will help in successful execution of the project. As strategic projects are quite complicated it is always better to choose a software development company in Nevada for assisting your business. While selecting so, consider the prime aspects to find out the best one in the city.