Do you feel like publishing your book would be an exciting and beautiful experience? But you don’t know how to deal with the hurdles that might interrupt your plan!
Well, we have some good news. You can write your story while the world waits…
And all you have to do is find the best way to publish your book in this digital era! The digital era brings you amazing opportunities, but it also compels you to face several challenges when it comes to publishing books!
Find out more about these challenges and learn how to overcome them successfully in this article. Are you ready? Let’s start!
Challenge 1: Finding the Right Platform
The first challenge you can face is finding the right platform to publish your book. With so many options available, it can be tough to decide which one is best for you and your book. Do your research and weigh the pros and cons of each option before making a decision.
For instance, there are many great platforms that provide book publishing services. However, each platform has its own set of challenges. So you need to research them thoroughly and choose the one that will best suit your needs.
Challenge 2: Cover Design
The cover is the first thing that potential readers will see, so you want to make sure it’s eye-catching and accurately reflects the tone of your book.
It can be hard to identify where to start as there are so many options. Here are a couple of tips that may help you to create a great design for your book cover.
- Keep it simple: A busy cover can be off-putting to potential readers. Stick to one or two colors and use clean, easy-to-read fonts.
- Make it relevant: Your cover should give readers an idea of what your book is about. If your book is set in a specific time period or place, consider incorporating elements of that into your design.
Challenge 3: Issues With Finding the Right Publisher
In the past, if you wanted to get your book published, you had to submit it to various publishing houses and hope that one of them would accept it.
Nowadays, there are still traditional publishers, but there are also many more options for self-publishing. The challenge lies in finding the right publisher for your book.
With so many options out there, it can be difficult to know which route to take. For example, some publishers are fine with publishing business books, but they are not big fans of publishing for other markets such as helpful books for actors.
However, you can find the answers to the following questions to pick up the right publisher-
- How long have they been in business?
- What kinds of books do they publish?
- How long will it take them to get back to you about whether or not they want your manuscript?
Challenge 4: Negotiating a Good Contract
No matter how good your book is, you’re not going to get anywhere if you don’t have a good contract. And negotiating a good contract is not always easy, especially if you’re new to the game to publish a successful book.
Here are seven things you should keep in mind when negotiating your book contract:
- Make sure you understand the basics of book contracts before entering into negotiations. There are a lot of different clauses that can be included in a book contract, and it’s important to know what they all mean.
- Be straightforward in asking what you want. If you don’t ask, you won’t get what you want.
- Be prepared to compromise.
- Do your research beforehand.
- Negotiate at the right time and place – don’t do it over email!
- Don’t put too much stock in one individual clause.
- Ask for help from a knowledgeable person in this field who knows better than you do.
Challenge 5: Overcoming the Fear of Rejection
It’s tough to put your work out there, especially when you’re worried about rejection. But remember that every writer faces rejection at some point. The key is to not let it get you down. Use each rejection as motivation to keep going and keep improving your craft.
It’s important to know what you want from publishing your book. If it’s fame or money, then publishing might not be for you. If it’s something more than just personal satisfaction, then go for it!
Challenge 6: Marketability and Long-Term Success
In this digital era, you need to make your book marketable so that it will have long-term success. Here are some challenges you can face when trying to do so:
- Getting actual readers: In a world where there are millions of books available online, it can be hard to get people to read yours.
- To make your book unique: With so many books available, you need to make sure yours is unique and will grab attention.
- Effective marketing: You need to get the word out there about your book, and you need to do it in a way that will reach as many people as possible.
- Creative promotion: There are thousands of other authors doing the same thing, which means you need something extra special for people to notice your work.
- Attaining good reviews: Good reviews might help give credibility and authenticity to your work, but bad reviews could hurt sales potential by creating doubt in readers’ minds.
Now, at the very end of this discussion, one question you may ask – are these the only challenges that one has to face when publishing a book in this digital era?The honest answer is – Not really!
While we have covered the major ones, there are some other challenges you need to face especially when you choose writing as your career. But the light of hope is – every challenge that you will face is beatable.
Our job was to identify the major challenges that you’ll face, now it’s your job to overcome them. Best of luck!
Vivek is a published author of Meidilight and a cofounder of Zestful Outreach Agency. He is passionate about helping webmaster to rank their keywords through good-quality website backlinks. In his spare time, he loves to swim and cycle. You can find him on Twitter and Linkedin.