Cellulitis is known as a very popular skin disease but a serious skin infection happening in the deeper layers of your skin as well as subcutaneous tissues. Cellulitis is commonly triggered by streptococcus, staphylococcus bacteria and other kinds of bacteria.
This skin issue happens in those areas where your skin is broken, including scrape, cut, ulcer, insect bite, surgical wound or ulcer or where your skin is affected by conditions such as psoriasis, eczema and fungal infection.
Basically, bacteria are on the skin, however, they will not leave any harm if they cannot go inside the skin. Remember that breaks in your skin can allow bacteria to go deeper your skin and then cause infection.
Other factors like weak immune system, shingles, chicken pox, obesity, diabetes, drug misuse, problems of blood circulation or lymphedema can increase the higher risk of contracting cellulitis.
In fact, you can see that the infection can be mainly on lower legs, however, it can be anywhere on the body. When being contracted, the area can look swollen, red, tender and painful.
Most of the cellulitis cases are quite mild and can be better after a few days, however, it can turn to more serious if remained untreated.
If you are suffering from cellulitis, try to talk to your doctor soon for proper treatments. In case the infection gets serious and your condition does not go away in several days, seeking for medical treatments are badly necessary.
Besides medical section, cellulitis can be improved by applying some home remedies.
- Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is mentioned in the list of top home remedies for cellulitis because of its powerful strong antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal effects.
How to apply:
- Have a cotton swab moistened in water and then place about two drops of the oil over it.
- Apply the oil to the site of your infection
- Wait for several hours before rinsing it off with clean water
- Add some drops of the oil to a teaspoon of aloe vera gel (you can opt for honey).
- Rub it over the skin affected and wait for some hours before washing it off.
You can choose one of the above methods and perform it two times per day for maximizing the result.
- Coconut Oil
Due to its package of fatty acids and lauric acid, coconut oil is an effective way to help combat bacteria causing cellulitis. In addition, the oil can help soothe the skin and promote the healing process.
How to apply:
- Rub the oil over the infected skin area
- Wait for some hours before washing it off
- Perform the same process a few times per day till your condition gets improved.
The reason why turmeric is known as one of the most powerful remedies for cellulitis comes from its package of antiseptic and antibiotic properties. Also, the active curcumin present in turmeric creates anti-inflammatory benefits.
How to apply:
- Add a teaspoon of turmeric powder to a cup of milk and then boil it
- Insert some honey if you like
- Consume the mixture for two times on a daily basis until the infection disappears.
- Mix a teaspoon of honey, turmeric powder and tea tree oil with bentonite clay to create a thick paste
- Rub it over the affected area and wait for 20 minutes
- Wash the skin off
- Perform the treatment every day for several days
- Manuka Honey
As you might not know about, manuka honey belongs to New Zealand. This kind of honey is high in phytochemicals which are able to control and deal with the staph infection. Apart from that, the compounds in this ingredient can inhibit the antibiotic resistant MRSA. Also, it helps speed up the healing of wound.
How to apply:
- Apply manuka honey over the affected skin area
- Wait for several hours and then wash it off
- Reapply the same treatment some times per day till your condition gets improved
Fenugreek is loaded with flavonoids that can used over the skin to help ease the inflammation as well as infections.
How to apply:
- Dip two teaspoons of fenugreek seeds in water and leave it for some hours
- Have them grinded with water to create a paste
- Rub the mixture over the skin affected area
- Wait for several hours before rinsing it off
- Re-apply the treatment till your cellulitis disappears.
Don’t forget to mention Echinacea in your worth list of cellulitis since it can strengthen your immune system. The treatment is loaded with flavonoids, along with antibiotic, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial as well as antialergic effects.
All you need to do is take the herb or rub it over the skin under the form of cream or gel to get skin irritation and inflammation treated. However, remember to talk to your doctors prior to using this herb and asking for proper dosage.
Bear in mind that this herb is not good at all for those who are suffering from the autoimmune disorder, including rheumatoid or lupus arthritis.
Meidilight is a great website for anyone who loves discovering new trends and staying in touch with the latest fashion. The website offers a wide range of clothing items and accessories that are perfect for any wardrobe. Additionally, they offer great discounts on their products making them an invaluable resource when it comes to updating your wardrobe without breaking the bank. We highly recommend checking out the Meidilight website if you’re looking to find some stylish pieces at affordable prices!
The MeidiLight website is a great resource for those looking to learn more about meidilight and all of its wonderful benefits. Not only will you find plenty of information on the many ways that meidilight can improve your health, but also you’ll be able to purchase high-quality products directly from their store. Whether it’s energy supplements or exercise equipment, they’ve got everything you need to get started with meidilight. So what are you waiting for? Check out the MeidiLight website today and start improving your life!